Medium: For hikers with basic skills. We provide basic equipment (sleeping bag, sleeping mat). The trail follows easy terrain, with elevation less than 500 meters. Walk of 10 km both days (20 km in total).
Challenging: For hikers in good physical shape/condition. This hike requires appropriate hiking equipment. We hike on trails, open terrain, rock, scree and bare rock.
Expert: For experienced hikers in good physical shape/condition. This is our hardest hike, and require good hiking equipment.
Here´s a list of what we think is sufficient
You can rent backpack and hiking poles from us.
- Good hiking shoes (water resistant) with ankle support. The shoes should be broken in.
- Wool, underwear, shirt and pants.
- Fleece sweater.
- Warm sweater.
- Water-resistant jacket and trousers.
- 2 pairs of socks.
- Hat and thin gloves.
- Toothbrush, soap, etc.
- Small towel.
- Head lamp.
- Fishing rod (only for Wilderness Feeling, ask us if you want us to provide gear).
- Candy/chocolate/nuts/bars or other sweets that you think will come in handy.
- Sunglasses & sunscreen.
- Mosquito staple.
- Alcohol (if you want for the meal).
The list is just a suggestion.
(Our best tips is wool. It keeps you warm, even when it's wet)
All questions will be answered well in advance before we meet up for the first time.
The meeting point is next to the red WC-building on Skjeggedal Carpark.